Welcome

Stockton, California. Care enough and it will be great again... If you don't like it here do something or get out.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Bowling

What I love to do with my family and friends is, if the Blog title doesn't already say it, bowling! My little one already loves the sport as well!

We have two main bowling alleys, West Lane Bowl & Pacific Avenue Bowl.








Don't worry. I'm not going to glorify these places. Let me start with West Lane Bowl because this is my favorite one. It's bigger and it's less crowded. Also, the bumpers are not manual. If you Yelp this place it will tell you that it's in a bad neighborhood but what place in Stockton isn't? The bar is spacious, cheap drinks, and the bartenders are fun to talk to.

Anyway, the only problem with this place is the diner attendants. I have been here enough times to officially say that they don't lack in rudeness. I suggest eating some place else before coming here unless they don't already know you THEN will they dote on you. No one can tell my family, friends, and I any different.

Last week, we took the family to Pacific Bowl.


 
I used to go here a lot when I was a teenager to hang out with friends and to meet other kids from the other high schools. No high school rivalry here! That was always fun. While some people bowled, some of us would walk over to Baskin Robbins or Kmart (before it was bulldozed to put in a REI, SF Boudins, and several other new shopping stores. Yeah, the shopping center was aging but it did hold a lot of memories. Small town memories.

Many people wouldn't even know there used to be a small movie theater there, a Mandarin house that served the best almond chicken in town, or a barber shop that had one of those candy cane poles outside. Speaking of movie theaters, there actually used to be more than two movie theaters in Stockton. The Festival theater used to sit where Chuck-E-Cheeses is now. My boyfriend and I watched out first movie there. Dude Where's My Car? Good times...




No comments:

Post a Comment